by Cory Hopkins | September 2019
2019 Fall Career Fair
The Fall Career Fair, held September 9-10, welcomed 361 employers and 7,924 students to the Campus Recreation Center (CRC) over the 2-day event. The fall Career Fair is the largest Career Fair on Georgia Tech's campus and companies attending the fair hire co-ops, interns, and full-time positions, with students from all majors and degree types.
Stats from this year's fair:
Here are some stats about the past two days:
- Total students at the Fair: 7924 (11% increase from last year & the largest crowd in many years)
- Total employers at the Fair: 361
- Total students who toured the Fair: 246 (plus graduate numbers pending)
- Total interviews hosted 9/10: 532
New to the fair this year:
- Map & list of companies able to sponsor international students
- Student information area on the Fair floor for immediate assistance
- GT1000/GT2000/Graduate student tours (more below!)
- Alumni stickers for easy recognition
- Signage identifying C2D2 Corporate Partners
- Campus closet on-site
- Defined C2D2 staff roles to support the event
- Careers by Symplicity App—a smartphone app that allows students to have company locations, floor plan, event details, announcements, and more at their fingertips.
NEW: GT 1000/2000 Tours
For the first time, GT 1000 and 2000 classes were offered tours of Career Fair by C2D2. New students--both first-year and transfer--could see how recruiters and student applicants meet and exchange information in this somewhat formal setting. Touring classes were able to see the action below from the fifth floor of the CRC, which is home to the track. It was a perfect vantage point to view the number of participants, and observe students shaking hands and offering recruiters their pitch and resume. GT 1000/2000 classes receive workshops devoted to everything career preparation-related, but when they get an opportunity to see how it all comes together at a career fair, they really understand the power of this process
Staying Busy After the Fair
With so many employers visiting the campus for the career fair, it only makes sense to invite them to stay and interview our students! Interviews took place in multiple locations (basement suite, skyboxes, staff offices, and Wardlaw) and was the most expansive effort to accommodate campus interviews to date.
- Hosted 1568 interviews
- Supported 83 unique employers
- Utilized 252 rooms
Thank you to all of the incredible C2D2 staff who made the Career Fair, interviews, and tours such a success!