OUE Equity Collective
Membership: Membership on this collective is on a self-selected and voluntary basis based on interest in and time available for collective work.
Purpose: The OUE Equity Collective seeks to combat racism as well as other forms of discrimination and cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion in OUE and Georgia Tech. This alternative to a committee is a non-hierarchical structure with rotating roles, and shared responsibility; collectives operate through a different relationship to power, and different understanding of power and equity, than do the top-down arrangements of typical committees. In a collective, "leadership" rotates through the group (as do the tasks that accompany it, such as facilitating meetings, undertaking administrative work, organizing resources and other project management work), and the groups' priorities and agenda are determined collectively.
Contacts: Nicole Leonard (UAT); Justin Boone (TAS); De Morris Walker (SSSI); Linda Green (TAS); Ruth Yow (SLS); Stephanie Reikes (TAS); Lauren Evans (HP); Christina Wan (SSSI); Lacy Hodges (UAT); Kenji Terawaki (OVPUE); Susan Belmonte (PGPP); Steven Girardot (OVPUE).
The Office of Undergraduate Education (OUE) Assessment Committee serves as an advisory group to the Associate Vice Provost of Undergraduate Education and the Data and Assessment Coordinator on matters relating to the assessment of student learning and programmatic outcomes in OUE.
Interim Chair: Sarah Wu (Office of Academic Effectiveness)
- Dr. Sarah (Yi-Chin) Wu, Academic Assessment Manager, Office of Academic Effectiveness (interim chair)
- Dr. Steven Girardot, Interim Vice Provost Undergraduate Education (ex officio)
- Mr. James Barricelli, Executive Director, Career Center
- Ms. Susan Belmonte, Pre-Teaching and Pre-Professional Advisor, PGPP
- Dr. Roberta Berry, Executive Director, Honors Program
- Dr. Linda Green, Director, Tutoring & Academic Support
- Dr. Lacy Hodges, Associate Director for Academic Transition Programs, UA&T
- Dr. Beth Spencer, Director, UA&T
- Ms. Christina Wan, Assistant Director, Learning Communities (interim)
- Dr. Rebecca Watts Hull, Service Learning and Partnerships Specialist, SLS
The Professional Development committee is charged with (1) developing initiatives to support staff professional development and learning opportunities across all OUE units (2) initiating and supporting efforts for campus or external awards and recognition for OUE staff and programs and (3) promoting opportunities for appropriate “extracurricular” (optional) activities and events.
Chair: Nicole Leonard (UAT)
- Amara Anderson (OVPUE)
- Kristina Chatfield (SLS)
- Iteeah Pounds (Career Center)
- Widalys Santiago (Career Center)
Communications Work Group
OUE's Communications Workgroup provides strategic planning and communications support to OUE's units in order to ensure accurate and timely communication across the organization. The workgroup advises various groups and offers support to OUE leadership by providing perspectives on communications-related issues. The workgroup also provides a forum to discuss OUE-related communications activities, initiatives, and issues that affect all OUE units.
The group, comprising staff representatives from each of OUE's main units, are selected by their respective directors on a yearly basis.
Chair: Cory Hopkins (OVPUE)
- Amara Anderson (OVPUE)
- Kris Chatfield (Serve-Learn-Sustain)
- Shannon Dobranski (Pre-Graduate & Pre-Professional Advising)
- Lauren Evans (Honors Program)
- Laura Garcia (Career Center)
- Lacy Hodges (Undergraduate Analytics, Planning, & Assessment)
- Stephanie Reikes (Tutoring & Academic Support)
- Allyson Tant (Academic Engagement Programs)
- Charmaine Troy (First-Generation Student Programs)
OUE Administrative Professionals Work Group
Chair: Mysty Connelly (OVPUE)
- Amara Anderson (OVPUE)
- Lauren Evans (HP)
- Crystal Fowler (UAT)
- Criss Miller (OVPUE)
- Monique Morris (PGPP)
- Olga Kotlyar (Career Center)
- Karen Veasey (HP)
- Jamie White-Jones (SLS)
- Jamie Whitehead (Career Center)
Student Advisory Board
The mission for the OVPUE Student Advisory Board is to contribute diverse ideas and perspectives on matters that impact the undergraduate academic experience.
Student Liaison: Aanjan Sikal (2022-2023)
Members: For more information about the SAB and its current members, CLICK HERE.
Athletic Academic Steering Committee (AASC)
This committee meets regularly to discuss and review matters related to Student Athletes and Academics.
- Steven P. Girardot (Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education)
- John Stein, Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students
- Baratunde Cola, School of Mechanical Engineering & Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR)
- Phyllis Labaw, Associate Athletic Director for Student Services, GTAA
- Chris Breen, Director of Academic Services, GTAA
- Shoshanna Engel, Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, GTAA
- Reta Pikowsky, Associate Vice Provost and Registrar
- Brent Griffin, Director of Retention & Graduation and Senior Assistant Registrar
- Paul Kohn, Vice Provost for Enrollment Management
- Kyla Ross, Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Advocacy and Conflict Resolution Wing S. Li, School of Mathematics
- Melissa Ianetta, School of Literature, Media and Communication
- Lance Markos, Assistant Athletic Director, Compliance
CCG-GT Steering Committee
Appointed by Provost Bras, the CCC-GT Steering Committee is charged with providing input and guidance for Georgia Tech’s undergraduate retention and graduation strategies; monitoring CCG outcomes; and promoting and disseminating progress to the campus community and other critical stakeholders.
Co-Chairs: Ms. Sandi Bramblett, Assistant Vice President, Institutional Research and Enterprise Data Management and Dr. Steven P. Girardot, Associate Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
For more information about CCG, please click here.
The Academic Advising Council
The Academic Advising Council serves to advise the Director of Undergraduate Academic Advising and the Office of Undergraduate Education on policies, communications, assessment, and strategies related to campus advising.
Members: Beth Spencer (chair); Francisco Castelan (PGPP); Amy D’Unger (IAC); Angela Elleby (COE); Shawn Dommer (SCOB); Brent Griffin (OUE/RO); Mary Holder (COS); Daurette Joseph (COC); Kristi Mehaffey (COE); Amanda Stephens (COS); Laura Tolliver (GTAAN); Ami Waller-Ivanecky (COE); Troy Whyte (COD)